Introducing Robotic Surgery at TBHC
With the introduction of Robotic Surgery at TBHC, our doctors are equipped with the latest and most advanced technologies to approach surgery differently. We are taking minimally invasive robotic surgery to the highest level, with expert surgeons and greater benefits to the patient.
The da Vinci Xi System was designed with the goal of further advancing the technology used in minimally invasive surgery. The System can be used across a spectrum of minimally invasive surgical procedures and has been optimized for multi-quadrant surgeries in the areas of gynecology, urology, thoracic and general surgery. The system translates the surgeon's hand movements into smaller, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient’s body, and provides an immersive 3D-HD vision system for a highly magnified view, virtually extending the eyes and hands of the surgeon into the patient. In addition to key features such as:
- A new overhead instrument arm architecture designed to facilitate anatomical access from virtually any position.
- A new endoscope digital architecture that creates a simpler, more compact design with improved vision definition and clarity.
- An ability to attach the endoscope to any arm, providing flexibility for visualizing the surgical site.
- Smaller, thinner arms with newly designed joints that offer a greater range of motion than ever before.
- Longer instrument shafts designed to give surgeons greater operative reach.
The implementation of Robotic Surgery at TBHC means significant benefits to the patient. Robot-assisted surgery provides a minimally invasive alternative to open surgery. Instead of one large incision, surgeons operate through a few tiny ones — allowing for faster recovery with less pain, scarring and blood loss than regular surgery. Robot-assisted surgery also reduces the instance of surgical complications and infection, and speeds up time to hospital discharge.
We are truly thrilled to be a leader in this field and to bring the latest in Robotic Surgical technology to our patients. With a focus on National Quality AND a Brooklyn address, TBHC continues to serve the community it is proud to be a part of.