718.250.8025 (nights & weekends)
North Pavilion, 1st Floor
Patients are the most important individuals at The Brooklyn Hospital Center.
The Department of Patient Relations is dedicated to maintaining a high degree of patient satisfaction throughout the Hospital Center. We address individual needs in a timely and respectful manner. The information obtained through problem-solving process is used to improve care and operations for all.
Patient Representatives--who serve as liaisons connecting you, members of your family and the hospital--work together to help create a positive experience for patients and their loved ones.
If you need help resolving a hospital issue, please request a Patient Representative through the Patient Relations office.
- Patient advocacy
- Encouraging communication between patient and the treatment team
- Addressing patient concerns
- Resolving conflicts or disagreements
- Keeping patients informed of their rights and responsibilities
- Ensuring that patient rights are respected
- Offering help with Advance Directive planning
- Helping to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
- Coordinating the efforts of the hospital's Bioethics Committee
- Agatha George, Assistant Director
- Rabbi Jonas Gruenzweig, Chaplain/Patient Representative