FOR INFORMATION ON:
Heart Disease 
VISIT OUR OUTPATIENT
Manhattan Avenue Family Health Center 
960 Manhattan Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11222
61st Street Family Health Center/WIC Center
771 61st Street
Brooklyn, NY 11220
Family Health Center:
La Providencia Family Medicine Center
1280 DeKalb Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11221
Williamsburg Family Health Center 
99 Division Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Right now, Brooklyn is the place to be... except when it comes to healthy living.
DID YOU KNOW???
- Brooklyn has the highest rate of hospitalization for heart disease, hypertension and stroke in NYC and New York State? Learn more> 
- Brooklyn’s incidence of diabetes is higher than the rest of NYC and New York State? Learn more> 
- Northern Brooklyn has far higher Emergency Room visits for asthma than the rest of the borough and NYC? Learn more> 
- When it comes to colorectal, breast, prostate, liver, pancreas and stomach cancer, the percentage of deaths in Brooklyn is higher compared to the rest of the U.S.? Learn more> 
Take action to prevent disease and stay healthy. We can transform Brooklyn into New York City's healthiest borough!
The Brooklyn Hospital Center wants to help you combat unnecessary chronic disease (and most of it is). Here's a list of prevention tips, health information and resources to get started.
- Get regular exercise and control your weight. Visit our weight loss site 
- Don't smoke. Need help learn about our Smoking Cessation program 
- Do not drink an excessive amount of alcohol. Need help, visit our Dependency Treatment Program 
- Eat a balanced and healthy diet. Learn about our Free Wellness for Life Program 
- Take care of your teeth. Learn more about our dental program 
- Manage high blood pressure. Learn more 
- Manage your stress. Learn about our free Wellness for Life Program 
- Visit your physician annually. If you need a physician visit our Find a Physician 
- Participate in appropriate screenings and immunizations.
- Get Insured. Learn about low- and no-cost coverage options .