The Brooklyn Hospital Center's reproductive genetic counselors provide comprehensive genetic services for a variety of indications:
- Advanced maternal Age (women who will be 35 or older at the
expected time of delivery)
- Positive Maternal Serum Screen (blood test during pregnancy
showing an increased riskfor a neural tube defect/spina bifida
or Down syndrome in the fetus)
- Fetal anomalies detected on sonogram
- Exposure of pregnant women to potential mutagens or teratogens
during pregnancy (e.g. medications, radiation, chemicals, infectious
agents, alcohol, illicit drugs)
- Family or Personal History of a known or suspected genetic condition
(e.g., cystic fibrosis, Fragile X Syndrome, muscular dystrophy,
neurofibromatosis, sickle cell anemia)
- Family or Personal History of a multifactorial or polygenic condition
(e.g., neural tube defect/spina bifida, congenital heart disease,
- Family or personal history of cancer
Please confirm your insurance when making appointment.
Maynard Building, Room 3H
English and Spanish. Free interpreter services are available for many other languages.
Most major insurance plans  are accepted.