Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
Better, Quicker, Safer
The Brooklyn Hospital Center offers the most comprehensive Pediatric Intensive Care services available anywhere in Brooklyn and, with six fully separated private rooms, it's the most compassionate and comfortable setting for pediatric patients and their parents.
Our PICU at a glance:
- Six private rooms for patients 0 to 21 years
- Basic accommodations for parents who wish to spend the night
- State-of-the-art technology
- Highest quality of care in cardiovascular and respiratory support including high frequency oscillatory ventilation (HFOV).
- Highly successful Pediatric Residency program educates multiple residents each year.
We have pediatric specialists in the following areas:
- Oral Maxillofacial Surgery (OMS)
- Dedicated Child-Life Specialist. Whether the child is with us for one day or one year, our Child-Life Specialist will work with him or her, and the parents, to reduce the trauma. Discomfort and pain that can accompany a hospital visit.
- Pediatric Sedation/Analgesia. Our PICU Attendings are experts at sedating children to prepare them for difficult procedures such as EEG, CT Scan, MRI, bone marrow aspiration and intrathecal chemotherapy.
- Clinic for Children with Special Healthcare Needs. We are experts at caring for technologically dependent children, including children on home ventilators and other respiratory devices as well as feeding devices. We also support children with chronic illnesses in need of infusions.