True healing requires more than just excellent medical care. It also requires care for the patient's mind and spirit, which is why we know that visits from friends and loved ones are an integral component of patient recovery. At The Brooklyn Hospital Center, our goal is to make it as pleasant and convenient as possible to visit a patient.
For directions to the hospital, please visit our maps & directions page.
|General Visiting Hours||11 am - 8 pm|
|Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)||11 am - 8 pm|
|Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)||24 hours for parents|
(one parent may stay overnight)
11 am - 8 pm all other visitors
|Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)||24 hours for parents |
(no siblings or other visitors allowed)
12 pm - 2 pm & 5 pm - 7 pm
|Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)||11 am - 8 pm (20-minute visits only)|
||9 am - 10 pm for fathers and partners|
1 pm - 2 pm & 5 pm - 7 pm for siblings
11 am - 8 pm for all other visitors
|Emergency Department||24 hours (one visitor at a time)|
- Please obtain a Visitors Pass from the front desk immediately upon entering the building.
- Children younger than 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to space limitations, only one parent may stay overnight in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Visiting is limited to two persons at the patient's bedside at any given time. Only one visitor is allowed for Emergency Department patients.
- You can obtain a patient’s direct telephone number by calling Patient Information at 718.250.8268.
Please notify your nurse or doctor if you require interpretation services.
You can also contact our Language Assistance Coordinator directly at 718.250.8292. All language services are provided free of charge.
The Language Assistance Program office is open during normal business hours, but interpreters are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.