The Brooklyn Hospital Center’s Video Visits Program Flourishes, Thanks to TD BankFebruary 9, 2021
Since last year’s summer gift of $100,000 from the TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, The Brooklyn Hospital Center (TBHC) has been busy launching and refining their video visits telemedicine program.
Now patients — especially those who are vulnerable to COVID-19 or who are faced with transportation and other accessibility challenges — can “see” a doctor from a wide range of primary and specialty care practices.
Patients love the program. Recent feedback included these comments:
- “I was glad to get a tele visit. I did not have to leave home and deal with parking and crowds.”
- “I like the video visits during this crazy time.”
- “My appointment was done via a video visit at my home. The doctor was excellent and also renewed whatever prescriptions I needed.”
- “I am so grateful that I did not have to take an unpaid day off from work.”
- “I use a walker. I don’t know what I would have done this snowy winter.”
Anyone can stay home, safe and comfortable by self-scheduling a video visit as long as they have either a smart phone or computer with a camera. It’s easy:
- Go to www.tbh.org/VideoVisitNow.
- Pick a specialty.
- Choose “video visit”.
- Pick a doctor and time.
- Need help? Call 718-250-8755.