The Brooklyn Hospital Center Offers Hospice Care Through Calvary HospitalMarch 26, 2021
The Brooklyn Hospital Center (TBHC) recently partnered with Calvary Hospital to provide excellent hospice care on the hospital’s seventh-floor inpatient unit.
“Calvary Hospital is the nation’s only hospital devoted to providing hospice and palliative-related care to adult patients. Over the past ten years we have partnered with other hospitals in the greater New York area to offer inpatient hospice care for patients and their families,” says Nancy D’Agostino, RN, MSN, CHPN, Calvary’s VP of Community Patient Services. “We are very pleased to be working with TBHC since they share our commitment to high-quality end-of-life care.”
“Hospice strives to alleviate end-of-life pain and symptoms, while helping the patient live as fully as possible,” says Judy McLaughlin, DPM, TBHC’s Chief Nurse Executive. “By offering this option for patients and their families, we are honoring our mission, Keeping Brooklyn Healthy.” TBHC’s hospice services include:
- Physical relief from pain and uncomfortable symptoms
- Emotional support to help patients and caregivers cope with loneliness, isolation and fear
- Socialization, which allows for shared time with family and friends
- Spiritual care for patients and their families
- Bereavement support
- Help for patients making choices about advance directives
To learn more about TBHC’s hospice inpatient program, please call 718-472-1999 or visit our Hospice Care page.