The Brooklyn Hospital Foundation Celebrates Hospital’s Renewal at 36th Annual Founders BallMarch 23, 2022
On May 23, The Brooklyn Hospital Foundation will host its first in-person Founders Ball since 2019 at the Brooklyn Museum, celebrating the hospital’s brand-new era of rebuilt facilities, acquisition of leading medical experts and innovative clinical programs.
The event acknowledges the hospital’s advancements to better meet our community’s needs, such as:
- modernized and expanded Emergency Department
- state-of-the-art 25-unit Myrtle Dialysis Center
- Physicians Pavilion, a sophisticated medical tower housing primary and specialty care practices.
The Founders Ball, which has typically attracted more than 700 guests in the past and raised over $1 million in net proceeds annually, will be chaired by TBHC trustee, Jessie McClintock Kelly. Funds raised from generous supporters will underwrite additional advancements and help launch a new initiative to double both the size of the hospital’s Cardiac Catheterization Lab and the number of patients receiving life-saving cardiac interventions each year.
The following awards will be presented at the 2022 Founders Ball event:
- Brooklyn Without Borders Medalists: Dan Chung & His Alger Colleagues (Dan Chung, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Investment Officer and Portfolio Manager, Alger)
- Founders Medalist: Carlos P. Naudon (President & CEO, Ponce Bank and Immediate Past Chair, TBHC)
- Walter E. Reed Medalist: Ahmar Butt, MD (Vice Chair, Internal Medicine and Director, Medical Affairs, Brooklyn Health Medical Alliance)
- Walter E. Reed Medalist: Louisdon Pierre, MD, MBA, FAAP, FCCM (Chief, Pediatric Critical Care and Director, Pediatric Inpatient Services)
The Foundation will recognize this esteemed group of medalists for their tireless service to local communities and beyond and for their unyielding commitment to medical excellence.
The celebration includes:
- Cocktail reception: 6:00 pm
- Dinner and awards program: 7:30 pm
- After party: 9:00 pm
Among the early sponsors of this often-sold-out event are: Alger, New York Cancer & Blood Specialists, St. George’s University, Dr. Ahmar Butt & Ashar Aziz, Adina & Michael Chera and Lizanne Fontaine & Robert Buckholz.
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities or to purchase tickets or table packages, please visit foundersball.org.