At The Brooklyn Hospital Center, we are about:
- Every Person.
- Every Moment.
- Every Day.
We’re interested in what talents you have to offer. We invite you to ask questions and explore. Get to know us through the process. Together, we will discover if we make a great fit.
The Staffing Process
Step 1: Search and Apply
- Create a username, password and profile.
- Upload or create an up-to-date resume.
- Search for positions that inspire you, for which you meet the minimum requirements.
- Submit your application.
Step 2: Meet and Interview
- If your application is a good fit, you may be contacted for an interview. (Please note: Due to the high volume of applications, we cannot contact every candidate).
- All candidates should bring an updated copy of their resume/CV and any other information that would assist the Recruiter in evaluating competencies for the position of interest.
- In addition, bring originals of relevant professional licenses, certifications, degrees, etc. Important: Speak with your HR contact to solidify these details.
- Be prepared to speak about your experiences as they relate to the qualifications for the open position. If you’re nervous, try conducting a practice interview beforehand with a trusted friend or mentor.
- Most importantly: Be yourself at the interview (and we’ll be ourselves too!) You can and should ask us questions. Make the most of our time together.
Step 3: Begin the Journey
- All new The Brooklyn Hospital Center employees attend a full day hospital-wide orientation event.
- Through a combination of presentations and group activities, you will learn about our history, quality standards, commitment to patient safety, service excellence and more.
- You will learn about our Service Excellence Stands of: Respect, Teamwork, Hospitality, Pride, Accountability and Innovation.
- After your hospital orientation, you will begin a department-level onboarding and orientation — which may last from one to twelve weeks (depending on your department and position).