How do I apply for a job at The Brooklyn Hospital Center?
All applications should be submitted using the online application process in the Job Search portal. Use a filter to review open positions. Once you have identified a position you would like to apply for, click “Apply” and complete the required information. You will need to “Register” for an account to submit your application to The Brooklyn Hospital Center. Once you register, you will be guided through the application process and be able to search and apply for open positions. If you need assistance with completing the online application, please contact our database administrator at (718) 250-6293.
Do I need an email address to apply for positions at The Brooklyn Hospital Center?
In order to complete the online application, an email address is required. It is necessary to have an active email account as you will be receiving email notifications to let you know once your application has been received and when your application has been forwarded to a hiring department for further consideration. Please provide an email address you check regularly. This is our best means to communicate with you.
If I don’t have a computer, how can I apply for positions?
If you do not have access to a computer, you may fax your resume to (718) 250-6301 to be considered for our current job openings. For best results, please include a cover letter outlining the position(s) that you are interested in. You may also mail your resume, along with any pertinent information, to the following address: The Brooklyn Hospital Center, Attn: Human Resources, 121 Dekalb Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11201. Unfortunately, we do not currently accept applications through email.
When applying online, can I copy and paste my resume?
After you select “Apply” for a specific job opportunity, you’ll be able to choose the option to copy and paste your resume. In Step 3 of the online application process, click on the “Your Desktop” icon. In the Desktop Upload screen that follows, you can choose the option to paste your resume.
How do I upload a cover letter to my application?
You’ll have a chance to upload your cover letter when you submit your online application. In Step 3 of your online application process, you will be able to add your cover letter.
What format should my resume be in?
Please submit your resume in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF.
Can I upload relevant documents with my application?
Yes. After you select “Apply” for a specific job opportunity, you’ll be able to choose to attach relevant documents, including licenses, certifications, or other relevant information, with your resume. In Step 3 of the online application process, click on the “Your Desktop” icon. In the Desktop Upload screen that follows, you can choose the “Upload A New Document” button and attach the file(s).
I do not have a resume available. How should I proceed?
If you do not have a resume available to upload, you can choose to move ahead in the application process. You do this simply by clicking on the arrow in Step 3.
I just submitted my profile but need to make a correction. What should I do?
On the “Explore Your Career Possibilities” page, click on Check Your Application Status located in the top right hand corner. You should then login to your account. Click on “Edit Profile” to make the necessary changes.
How will I know if my online application was submitted successfully?
You will receive an email confirmation once you have completed the online application process. To ensure that the information you submitted was completed accurately, you are encouraged to log back in to your account and review your information.
Can I apply to more than one job opportunity at a time?
There are no limits to how many jobs you can apply. However, you can only apply to one position at a time. This means that after applying to your first job, you are able to return to the main Portal page and select an additional position to apply for, and then repeat the process as necessary.
Note: Your subsequent applications will not require you to re-enter your basic contact information, as this information will already be attached to your profile.
How can I log in and out if I already have a profile?
- Click on the Check Your Application Status in the top right corner of the Job Search Portal.
- Enter your Login Name and Password, and then click on the arrow to return to your existing profile. (Or, if you previously created your profile with a LinkedIn, Facebook, Yahoo or Google+ account, select the correct social network to log in.)
How can I apply for a job using a social media profile?
- Access the desired job, and begin the application process. Click the appropriate Use … social media button in the New User section of the page.
- Log in to your social media account and click the appropriate button to grant permission to access your profile information.
Note: On the screen for both LinkedIn and Facebook, you are not only logging in to your account, but also giving permission to access your social profile.
- If you are a returning candidate, click the Check Your Application Status link from the top right hand of the page. Then, proceed with Step 1, above.
- If you are already logged in to your social account, simply click the appropriate button to allow access to your profile information.
- If you are not already signed up for a social account, you can sign up by clicking the appropriate buttons for LinkedIn, Facebook, Yahoo and Google+ in the Quick Login/Sign Up section.
- Modify the information that was transferred automatically into the Career Portal from your social account, if necessary.
- Use the resume details populated from your social media account, or click on “Your Desktop” and follow the steps to upload or paste a new resume to your application.