The Community Affairs Department is dedicated to reaching beyond the hospital’s walls to our neighbors and community partners so that we can provide preventive screenings and important information directly to our community and, in turn, hear from them about their healthcare needs. In working with places of worship, senior citizen centers, schools, elected officials, local police precincts, cultural and community institutions, community boards, and our very own Community Advisory Board, among others, the department is dedicated to Keeping Brooklyn Healthy. Our goal is to create community-based, community-focused and community-driven programs that will be sustainable and impactful and will serve to improve the health of our families through promotion and education of healthy lifestyles.
Screenings and Speakers
The department runs an active health fair and speakers’ bureau service. We can send TBHC staff to give lectures to your group, do screenings such as for blood pressure, or provide other health education and information. If you would like TBHC to participate in your community event, please download and fill out this request form.
For more information about Community Affairs, contact Gilda Caputo-Hansen, Director of Community Affairs, at 718.250.8344 or email at email@example.com.
Community Advisory Board
One of the ways that TBHC keeps connected to the community is through our Community Advisory Board (CAB). The CAB is a diverse group of individuals with strong ties to the community we serve. Each advisor has a keen understanding of how our hospital works. This knowledge enables us to tailor our programs and services so that TBHC targets the healthcare needs of residents in our neighborhoods.
TBHC's CAB members are committed to:
- Assist in assessing and identifying the health needs of the community.
- Offer guidance in identifying local strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and potential threats to THBC.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with community leaders, community-based organizations and civic groups to strengthen the hospital’s link to the community.
- Assist hospital administration in its community outreach efforts.
- Organize community forums of mutual interest to TBHC and the community.
- Monitor TBHC’s patient satisfaction process to ensure that issues are addressed and resolved appropriately.
- Communicate how our community views TBHC.
The Community Advisory Board meets the third Tuesday of each month, except in July, August and December. If you are interested in becoming a CAB member, please contact Gilda Caputo-Hansen, Director of Community Affairs, at 718.250.8344 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TBHC Community Advisory Board, 2017-18
- Kim Best, PHD, Chair
- Loretta Patton-Greenidge, MD, Vice Chair
- Deborah Benson, Secretary
- Gary G. Terrinoni
- Renee Collymore
- Amanda de Geneste-Archer
- Samuel Dunston
- Fulvia Forbes
- Rev. Earl Jones
- Pearl Jones
- Habib Joudeh
- Julian Macrone
- Adrina Banks Martin
- Mohammad Sadique
- Mavis Veronica Yon