We Look Forward to Seeing You!
Our healthcare workers have heroically fought on the frontlines of the COVID-19 battle, and we remain here for those who continue to come in with COVID. But we also need to return to providing care for those patients getting a knee replaced, seeking relief for a painful spine debilitation, or are considering life-preserving weight-loss surgery. We serve our community’s healthcare needs in a myriad of ways. As COVID-19 remains in the community until a vaccine is created, we know you have a multitude of questions about how TBHC will continue to deliver safe, effective and compassionate care.
Here's what you need to know about coming in for a visit to one of our ambulatory care sites:
- Ambulatory sites are now open with modifications to ensure your safety.
- As a precaution, all patients and visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at all access points to the hospital and ambulatory sites.
- Appointments are being scheduled to assure that a safe number of patients are allowed in the waiting room at any one time and that social distancing can be maintained at all times by both patients and staff. Masks are required to be worn by all patients and those accompanying patients at the visit. All staff are wearing masks, as well.
- Only one parent or caregiver is allowed with a patient, including one for an elderly or handicapped patient, and one to accompany a pregnant woman during prenatal visits.
- Patient exam rooms will be closely monitored throughout the day and disinfected as needed. The waiting areas and common areas will be cleaned and disinfected periodically during the day and each evening.
- Telemedicine visits are available for patients, as well as COVID-19 screening.
For more information on how the hospital is continuing to deliver safe, effective and compassionate care, please visit our Coronavirus update page.
Or call 1-833-TBHC-NOW (833-824-2669)
The Family Medicine Center uses the family practice model of care, providing comprehensive healthcare for you and your family. We care for all ages, from infants to adults. The site is located right at the main hospital in Downtown Brooklyn. This site is a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home, a prestigious recognition earned by demonstrating delivery of excellent primary care within a team-based environment with a commitment to performance improvement and integrating evidence-based medicine into the electronic health record. At our center, we promise to:
- Coordinate your care with specialists.
- Take responsibility for arranging care with other health professionals.
- Provide you with same-day appointments whenever possible.
- Provide education, counseling and self-management options to support you.
- Include you in decisions about your healthcare and help you decide what care is best for you.
- Care for you with respect, kindness and sensitivity to your religious and cultural beliefs.
- Physical exams
- Sports medicine
- Health screening
- Behavioral health care
- Nutrition counseling
- Care for special conditions like diabetes and other chronic diseases
- Health education programs
Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am to 7:30 pm
Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm
Saturday, 10 am to 3 pm
Appointments preferred; walk-ins welcome.
We accept Medicare, Medicaid and most insurances. We provide financial assistance.
Medical Director: Victoria Dantchenko, MD
Languages Spoken: English and Spanish. Free interpreter services available for many different languages.