Or call 1-833-TBHC-NOW (833-824-2669)
Get PrEP at The Brooklyn Hospital Center! For more information please contact TBHC’s PrEP Specialist at 718-250-6559 or PrEP@tbh.org
As a New York State Designated AIDS Center, we provide comprehensive ambulatory and primary care services to people with HIV/AIDS. We care for adolescents and adults.
TBHC has two PATH Centers, one on the main hospital campus and one located at Church Avenue Family Health Center.
Both sites offer PrEP!
PrEP stands for pre-exposure prophylaxis. PrEP is a daily pill that can help prevent HIV transmission. PrEP must be taken every day to ensure maximum effectiveness and should be used in combination with other HIV-prevention methods, including condoms.
How to know if PrEP is right for you?
- Are you HIV negative?
- Are you sexually active?
- Do you have sex with people whose HIV status you don’t know?
- Are you in a relationship with an HIV-Positive partner?
- Do you or your partner inject drugs?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, then we can help you learn more about PrEP.
PATH Center provides the following PrEP-specific services:
- Education and screening for PrEP
- HIV and STI testing & counseling
- Connection with a PrEP medical provider
- PrEP medication monitoring
- PrEP treatment and follow-up care
- Case management services
- Insurance assistance
- Individual counseling
- HIV primary care for adults, adolescents and children
- Free HIV counseling and testing
- HIV prevention services (PrEP/PEP)
- Hepatitis C co-infection clinic
- Medical case management
- Family program
- Nutritional guidance
- Pharmacy consultation
- OB/GYN services
- Substance abuse counseling
- Mental health services
- Dental care
- Social work
- Community education and outreach
- Retention and reengagement programs
- Support groups
- Peer support services
- Consumer advisory board
Church Avenue location: Monday through Friday: 9 am to 5 pm
The Brooklyn Hospital Center location: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 am to 5 pm; Thursday, 9 am to 6 pm
We accept Medicare, Medicaid, ADAP and most insurances. We provide financial assistance.
Executive Director: Beth Hribar
Medical Director: Leonard Berkowitz, MD
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, French and Creole. Free interpreter services available for many different languages.
Here's what you need to know about visiting this site during the pandemic:
- Appointments are being scheduled to assure that a safe number of patients are allowed in the waiting room at any one time and that social distancing can be maintained at all times by both patients and staff.
- All patients and visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at all access points.
- Masks are required to be worn by all patients and those accompanying patients. All staff are wearing masks, as well.
- Only one parent or caregiver is allowed with a patient, including one for an elderly or handicapped patient, and one to accompany a pregnant woman during prenatal visits.
- Patient exam rooms will be closely monitored throughout the day and disinfected as needed. The waiting areas and common areas will be cleaned and disinfected periodically during the day and each evening.
- Telemedicine visits may be available.