Or call 1-833-TBHC-NOW (833-824-2669)
Get PrEP at The Brooklyn Hospital Center! For more information please contact TBHC’s PrEP Specialist at 718-250-6559 or PrEP@tbh.org
As a New York State Designated AIDS Center, we provide comprehensive ambulatory and primary care services to people with HIV/AIDS. We care for adolescents and adults.
TBHC has two PATH Centers, one on the main hospital campus and one located at Church Avenue Family Health Center.
Both sites offer PrEP!
PrEP stands for pre-exposure prophylaxis. PrEP is a daily pill that can help prevent HIV transmission. PrEP must be taken every day to ensure maximum effectiveness and should be used in combination with other HIV-prevention methods, including condoms.
How to know if PrEP is right for you?
- Are you HIV negative?
- Are you sexually active?
- Do you have sex with people whose HIV status you don’t know?
- Are you in a relationship with an HIV-Positive partner?
- Do you or your partner inject drugs?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, then we can help you learn more about PrEP.
PATH Center provides the following PrEP-specific services:
- Education and screening for PrEP
- HIV and STI testing & counseling
- Connection with a PrEP medical provider
- PrEP medication monitoring
- PrEP treatment and follow-up care
- Case management services
- Insurance assistance
- Individual counseling
- HIV primary care for adults, adolescents and children
- HIV counseling and testing
- HIV prevention services (PrEP/PEP)
- Hepatitis C co-infection clinic
- Medical case management
- Family program
- Nutritional guidance
- Pharmacy consultation
- OB/GYN services
- Substance abuse counseling
- Mental health services
- Dental care
- Social work
- Community education and outreach
- Retention and reengagement programs
- Support groups
- Peer support services
- Consumer advisory board
Church Avenue location, 2244 Church Ave., Flatbush-Ditmas Park, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
The Brooklyn Hospital Center location, 121 DeKalb Ave., Downtown Brooklyn, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Thursdays, 9 am to 6 pm
Appointments preferred; walk-ins welcome.
We accept Medicare, Medicaid, ADAP and most insurances. We provide financial assistance.
Executive Director: Beth Hribar
Medical Director: Leonard Berkowitz, MD
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, French and Creole. Free interpreter services available for many different languages.