WIC is a health care intervention program that provides nutrition education and professionally prescribed food packages to eligible individuals. WIC creates a productive interplay between our health care center and the food consumption patterns of mothers and young children with inadequate diets.
- healthy lifestyle program — improving nutrition, setting target goals, and enhancing physical activity (INSTEP)
- quality nutrition education and services
- breastfeeding education and support through Peer Counselors
- monthly supplemental nutritious foods at no cost to participants
- linkage to prenatal and pediatric health care services
- smoking cessation education
- farmer's market nutrition program (FMNP) — offering fruit and vegetable vouchers