Nuclear Medicine In Brooklyn, NY
Call 718-250-8225 to make an appointment
The Brooklyn Hospital Center (TBHC) Nuclear Medicine Division has one of the very few hospital-based labs accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Nuclear Medicine Laboratories (CANL) in the nation.
Our facilities have a variety of sophisticated imaging equipment including one single-head and three dual-head gamma cameras. We are also equipped with a Biodex uptake probe, which is used for non-imaging studies.
In addition to board-certified nuclear medicine physicians, TBHC has nuclear cardiologists, technologists and a full-time physicist who serves as the radiation safety officer.
We specialize in both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures using radionuclides. Typical diagnostic and therapeutic procedures include:
- Cardiac scans: Nuclear cardiology techniques are used to assess myocardial perfusion and viability as well as cardiac function and wall motion evaluation.
- Bone scans: Evaluation of malignant disease, response to therapy, osteomyelitis, fractures, and other benign diseases.
- Lung scans: Evaluation of pulmonary emboli, airway obstruction and other lung conditions.
- Renal scans: Evaluation of renal function, hydronephrosis, congenital anomaly, renal scarring and renal hypertension.
- Hepatobiliary scans: Evaluation for acute cholecystitis, extrahepatic biliary obstruction, and post-surgical evaluation, including bile leak.
- Thyroid therapy: Used for both hyperthyroidism and cancer, radioimmunotherapy, and bone pain palliation.
Other procedures include Gallium scans, treatment of lower GI bleeding, hemangioma scans, Gastric Emptying, liver-spleen scans, thyroid uptake & scans, parathyroid scans, testicular scans, venograms, superior vena cavograms, lymphangiograms for sentinel node detection, FDG scans, MIBG scans, octreoscan, prostascint scans and more.
Physician offices can fax requests, referrals and authorizations to 718-250-6760.
To obtain a copy of your radiology/imaging records/CD, please contact the Radiology File Room at 718-250-6998 or visit the Radiology Department (Monday through Friday, 9 am to 6 pm) in the basement of the main hospital at 121 DeKalb Avenue. Photo ID is a requirement in order to retrieve radiology records.