The Brooklyn Hospital Center Dependency Treatment Program is an acute medically managed detoxification service. Licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (NYS–OASAS), the Unit provides comprehensive bio-psychosocial and medical treatment to chemically dependent individuals.
- pre-admission interview/screening
- comprehensive physical assessment
- biopsychosocial assessment
- acute medically managed detoxification from alcohol and other drugs
- twenty-four hour nursing care
- individual treatment and discharge planning
- individual and group counseling
- alcohol/drug/HIV prevention education
- nutritional support and assessment as needed
- acute medical Services and specialty consultations as needed
- psychiatric evaluation/consultation as needed
- after referral for continuing alcohol/drug rehabilitation and treatment
- signs and symptoms of severe withdrawal or evidence of imminent withdrawal syndrome.
- difficulty establishing and maintaining abstinence in a lesser level of care such as outpatient setting.
- current abuse and dependency on heroin, alcohol, barbiturates and/or a combination of drugs.
If you have not used in three days or 72 hours you may not be eligible for admission.
- history of daily heroin abuse for at least four weeks prior to admission.
- past attempts to stop resulted in severe withdrawal.
Call (718) 250-8900
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Transportation assistance available.
Medicaid (and Medicaid eligible), Medicare, and many other major insurance plans are accepted.