Get In Touch
Call (718) 250-8900
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Transportation assistance available.
TBHC's Dependency Treatment Program is a medically managed detoxification service. Licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (NYS–OASAS), our unit provides comprehensive bio-psychosocial and medical treatment to chemically dependent individuals.
- pre-admission interview/screening
- comprehensive physical assessment
- biopsychosocial assessment
- acute medically managed detoxification from alcohol and other drugs
- twenty-four hour nursing care
- individual treatment and discharge planning
- individual and group counseling
- alcohol/drug/HIV prevention education
- nutritional support and assessment as needed
- acute medical Services and specialty consultations as needed
- psychiatric evaluation/consultation as needed
- after referral for continuing alcohol/drug rehabilitation and treatment
- signs and symptoms of severe withdrawal or evidence of imminent withdrawal syndrome.
- difficulty establishing and maintaining abstinence in a lesser level of care such as outpatient setting.
- history of daily heroin abuse for at least four weeks prior to admission.
- past attempts to stop resulted in severe withdrawal.
- current abuse and dependency on heroin, alcohol, barbiturates and/or a combination of drugs. If you have not used in three days (72 hours), you may not be eligible for admission.