Working in collaboration with Calvary Hospital in the Bronx, hospice strives to alleviate end-of-life pain and symptoms, while helping the patient live as fully as possible. We work side-by-side with patients and families to support them and provide holistic, compassionate care. We understand that a terminal illness can cause many reactions, including pain and discomfort, fear and loneliness, concern about family and friends, and anxiety about what lies ahead. Hospice enables people with terminal illnesses to choose how and where they want to spend the rest of their lives.
- Physical relief from pain and uncomfortable symptoms
- Emotional support, helping patients and caregivers cope with loneliness, isolation and fear
- Allowing for shared time with family and friends
- Spiritual care for patients and their families
- Bereavement support — we stay in touch with the family and caregivers for 13 months after the loss of a loved one
Staff can also help you make choices about advance directives.
Please contact your physician or hospital case manager for more information.