As of May 2022, the Medical Records Department has relocated. Our office is now located at 121 DeKalb Avenue in the main hospital, on the second floor. To get there, take the second set of escalators to the second floor, take a left, enter the same office suite as the cashier, patient accounts, and patient access, the medical records office is inside. Hours of operation are 9 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 5 pm. Please note that requests are not fulfilled the same day they are received.
To obtain a copy of your radiology/imaging records, please contact the Radiology File Room at 718-250-6998 or visit the Radiology Department (Monday through Friday, 9 am – 6 pm) in the basement of the main hospital at 121 DeKalb Avenue. Photo ID is a requirement in order to retrieve radiology records.
The Health Information Management Department (HIM) maintains health records in a private and secure manner and provides this information to patients or legally authorized representatives upon written request.
We are happy to announce that we now provide a portal to retrieve your medical records online in a more convenient, streamlines fashion. Please click on the link below to get started:
If you prefer to go forward with our manual medical records request process, you may continue to do so, as it has not changed. Please follow these instructions for retrieval:
- Complete the form.
Select mail or email when completing the form.
- Submit the authorization form with a clear photo, scan or copy of your government-issued identification.
IMPORTANT: When sending the documents, please ensure the picture is taken on a light clean surface.
- Accepted forms of identification are:
- State-issued non-driver ID
- State-issued Driver ID
- State-issued Benefit Card with Photo
- State-issued ID (please refer to NY ID)
- Government-issued passport or passport card (for foreign passports, we require the passport book)
- Birth certificate
- Translation of birth certificate issued by the embassy if the child was born abroad
- So Ordered Custody or legal guardianship paperwork issued by Family Court
Important: All Requests for minors must be accompanied by the legal guardian identification form.
- Submit the request (release form and identification) either:
- via email to email@example.com
- or via fax: 718-250-6638
- Please read and initial
Once your request is received, you will receive a notification from CIOX Health. Please follow the instructions in the email to view your medical records.
Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your medical records to be processed or up to 30 days if records are needed from an off-site or storage facility.
For more information, call 718-250-8288, option 2.
Please not that authorization for Disclosure of the Results of HIV Antibody Blood Test is also to be filled out and returned at the same time. Please click on the links below to download the forms in a PDF format.
9 am – 12pm; 12 pm – 5 pm
Monday to Friday