If you want clinical information about your visits to TBHC, check out these patient portals:
The patient portals at TBHC are powerful tools for convenient, immediate access to much of your medical and billing history. They also provide easy ways to make appointments and help us work together so that we can deliver the best possible healthcare for you.
- If you went for a doctor’s visit or to one of our outpatient sites like the Family Medicine Center, sign in or enroll in MyChart at Brooklyn Health portal.
- You may find additional information regarding an Emergency Department visit or if you were admitted to the hospital in your FollowMyHealth portal.
If you want a copy of your medical records:
Please note that these do NOT include radiology records. Please see below for more information on obtaining imaging records.
- Complete your online submission here. Please note that:
- You will be asked to submit a legible scan (taken on a light, clean surface) or a clear electronic file of the appropriate ID (see next section for acceptable forms of ID).
- You must complete all forms, including Authorization for Disclosure of the Results of HIV Antibody Blood Test.
Or, if you prefer to come in person, follow these steps:
- Be prepared to come with ID. Acceptable forms of ID for adults are:
- State-issued non-driver ID
- State-issued driver's license
- State-issued Benefit Card with photo
- Government-issued passport or passport card (for foreign passports, we require the passport book).
- If you are seeking records for a minor, be prepared to come with:
- The child's birth certificate (translation of the birth certificate issued by the embassy if the child was born abroad).
- If not the birth or adoptive parent, you must bring legal guardian identification forms, such as a So Ordered Custody paperwork issued by Family Court.
- Your own adult ID (see above for acceptable forms).
- Come to the Medical Records Office, 121 DeKalb Avenue, main hospital, 2nd floor in the Cashier's Office. Hours are 9 am to 12 noon, and 1 to 5 pm.
- You will be asked to complete a request form. You can also do this in advance here.
- Submit the request (release form and identification) at the office via the guest computer terminal. You will be asked to select mail or email when completing the form.
- If you use email, you will receive a notification from CIOX Health with instructions to view.
- Your requests will take 7 to 10 business days for records to be processed or up to 30 days if records are needed from an off-site or storage facility.
- For more information, call 718-250-8288, option 2, or email email@example.com, or fax 718-250-6638.
If you want radiology (X-Ray) or other imaging records:
- Call Radiology File Room at 718-250-6998.
- Or visit the Radiology Department (Monday through Friday, 9 am to 6 pm) in the basement of the main hospital at 121 DeKalb Avenue.
- You will be instructed to submit a form. Please note that photo ID is a requirement in order to retrieve radiology records.
If you want record of your billing, payment or claims:
- Call 718-250-8080. You will be asked to provide verification of patient’s identifying info.
- Billing record is then released to you via secure email, pickup or mail.
If you want record of your health plan enrollment:
- You can access your current health plan enrollment information in your patient portals (see above).
If you want your case management records:
- You can access your case management records in your patient portals (see above).