MASK MANDATE (as of 9/22/23)
Due to the increased numbers of the newest COVID-19 sub-variant (slightly above 100 cases per 100,000 people), as well as the coming flu and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) seasons, The Brooklyn Hospital Center has reinstated mandatory masking in clinical areas — inpatient and outpatient — effective as of Friday, September 22, 2023. Thank you for your understanding and expected compliance.
VISITOR POLICY (as of 5/1/23)
EVERYONE, no matter their reason for entry, must:
- Present identification (ID) and state your name, address, cell phone number.
- Perform hand hygiene with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Visiting hours are between 12 noon and 8 pm.
- Visitation will be limited to 2 visitors over the age of 18.
- If you are visiting a patient in maternity, pediatrics (under age of 15) or at end of life, there may be further accommodations on visiting. If you are visiting a patient in isolation or intensive care, there may be restrictions on visiting. Please check with nursing staff.
You will NOT be permitted to visit if:
- Your temperature is equal to or greater than 100°F.
- You have any significant Covid-19 exposure during the prior 14 days.
- You are currently under quarantine.
On the patient floors, you must:
- Wash or sanitize your hands often.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), if needed, will be supplied.
HAVE A DOCTOR’S APPOINTMENT?
- Arrive only 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment.
- Come alone unless you are in need of assistance, are a child or an expectant parent. In those cases, you can have one person accompany you.
GOING TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM OR RECOVERY ROOM?
- ER and Recovery Room (PACU) patients are permitted to have one visitor at the bedside.
ARE YOU A PATIENT IN LABOR?
- You are permitted to give birth with both a partner and a certified doula by your side.
Any visitor who DOES NOT comply by these guidelines, will be asked to leave the hospital.
At any given time, The Brooklyn Hospital Center reserves the right to change this policy based on changing health guidelines.
For directions to the hospital, please visit our Locations page.
To find your way around the hospital:
To connect to TBHC wifi:
- Select TBHC-Guest Network in your device's wifi settings.
- Complete the form on the screen.
- Click login on the final page.
- You're all set!