Or call 1-833-TBHC-NOW (833-824-2669)
The Children’s Health Center provides a warm and caring environment for the treatment of children from birth to age 21 right at the main hospital in Downtown Brooklyn. This site is a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home, a prestigious recognition earned by demonstrating delivery of excellent primary care within a team-based environment with a commitment to performance improvement and integrating evidence-based medicine into the electronic health record. At our center, we promise to:
- Care for your child with respect, kindness and sensitivity to your religious and cultural beliefs.
- Provide education, counseling and self-management options to support you.
- Include you in decisions about your child’s healthcare and help you decide what care is best for your child.
- Take responsibility for coordinating care with other health professionals.
- Provide you and your child with same-day appointments whenever possible.
- Comprehensive pediatric care (sick and urgent care, physical exams for school and sports, well child care, vaccinations)
- Adolescent medicine
- Infectious diseases
- Social work services
Monday, Wednesday: 9 am to 6 pm
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9 am to 5 pm
We accept Empire, HealthFirst, Medicaid and most insurances. We provide financial assistance.
Medical Director: Vipul Kothari, MD
Languages Spoken: English and Spanish. Free interpreter services available for many different languages.
Here's what you need to know about visiting this site during the pandemic:
- Appointments are being scheduled to assure that a safe number of patients are allowed in the waiting room at any one time and that social distancing can be maintained at all times by both patients and staff.
- All patients and visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at all access points.
- Masks are required to be worn by all patients and those accompanying patients. All staff are wearing masks, as well.
- Only one parent or caregiver is allowed with a patient, including one for an elderly or handicapped patient, and one to accompany a pregnant woman during prenatal visits.
- Patient exam rooms will be closely monitored throughout the day and disinfected as needed. The waiting areas and common areas will be cleaned and disinfected periodically during the day and each evening.
- Telemedicine visits may be available.