The Brooklyn Hospital Center (TBHC) recognizes that the quality of its staff, physicians and volunteers is the key to continued success and at the very core of our mission. We strive to create an environment of teamwork and participation where, through continuous quality improvement and a focus on patient safety, our employees pursue excellence and take pride in the quality of their work and being a member of TBHC. At The Brooklyn Hospital Center, we know that understanding and addressing the wants, needs and expectations of our patients is critical to our success. This journey relies on the selection of individuals who share this commitment and understanding.
By incorporating these values into our recruitment process, we will not only hire “best skilled candidates” but individuals who best complement the organization and fit our organizational culture.
Service Excellence at TBHC
Standards & Behaviors
For 175 years, TBHC has embodied a spirit of kindness and grace for every patient, visitor and employee. Success at TBHC depends upon achieving your professional goals while contributing to a work environment where excellence is at the core of everything we do. Our Standards and Behaviors enable every employee to share one vision. By upholding each of the Standards listed below we work towards the same goal – to make this hospital a better place for Brooklyn and to be the destination provider for our communities. All new TBHC employees are asked to read, sign and commit to the six Standards of Service Excellence below.
To become the “destination hospital,” we must practice innovation and embrace change. I will,
- Bring new ideas to the job
- Continuous seek new ways to improve processes and outcomes
- Promote the adoption of new practices
Excellence demands respect. We must value the diversity of our community and value every person. I will,
- Inspire and enable collaboration across the organization
- Treat all patients, visitors and staff with dignity and professionalism
- Foster an objective and just environment
We must accept responsibility and expect accountability. I will,
- Aspire to achieve desired results and quality outcomes
- Inspire trust and honesty
- Honor my commitments and expect others to be fully accountable
In order to meet our mission, we must cooperate and collaborate with one another. I will,
- Rally, energize and focus the team toward achieving successful outcomes
- Strive to achieve individual and team goals
- Arrive to work on time and with a positive attitude
Everyone is welcome here; we must show hospitality, compassion and courtesy to everyone. I will,
- Welcome individuals with energy and interest and project a positive attitude
- Show compassion even in difficult and challenging situations
- Exceed patient, visitor and staff expectations by setting new levels of service excellence
We are Brooklyn’s hospital, we must show professionalism and pride in both our work and attitude. I will,
- Demonstrate expertise, confidence and compassion to assure patients and other customers are well cared for
- Promote cleanliness; be sure to pick up after myself and be respectful of hospital property
- Dress professionally and promote a quality image for the hospital to patients, visitors and staff
Consistent with TBHC’s strategic plan, we are committed to becoming the Employer of Choice within our community. The ability to recruit and retain employees who share our passion and commitment to excellence is a priority. TBHC takes pride in giving our employees the opportunity, tools and resources to succeed. As a major Brooklyn employer, with over 2,600 employees, our objective is to recruit the best candidates and to continue our longstanding tradition of Service Excellence within the community we serve.