Or call 1-833-TBHC-NOW (833-824-2669)
TBHC's experienced staff brings thousands of babies into the world each, and TBHC is home to some of the most qualified obstetricians in Brooklyn. We have the medical staff, services and equipment you need for a safe and satisfying delivery experience, including:
- Family-friendly philosophy and amenities and accommodations for faith- and culturally based needs
- Excellent and above-the-national averages for maternal safety
- Comprehensive prenatal care and screening for both typical and high-risk pregnancies
- Options for midwifery care
- Excellent postpartum hospital care
- 10 state-of-the-art labor and delivery suites, all are large and equipped with the latest technology
- Birthing rooms that quickly convert into delivery rooms
- All postpartum rooms are single rooms; some look out over scenic Fort Greene Park
- Rooming-in options to encourage breastfeeding
- Lactation consultant and educational classes
- Virtual and in-person tours of the labor & delivery unit
- The latest ultrasound technology
- Celebratory meal for the first after-delivery dinner
- Reproductive genetic services
- Expertise in maternal-fetal medicine for high-risk pregnancies
- In the event of complications, a cutting-edge Level-3 perinatal care center/neonatal intensive care uit (NICU)
- Ongoing care of your child, if you choose, via our excellent Pediatric Department
Tour our Labor & Delivery Unit!
To arrange an in-person tour, please call 718-250-8440. Or take a virtual tour here:
Here are some specialty obstetrics services you should know about:
High-Risk Pregnancies adn Perinatal Diagnostic Center. TBHC offers the latest technology in ultrasound to evaluate both low- and high-risk obstetrical patients. We offer perinatal consulting with a perinatologist for inpatients and outpatients. We also have expertise in high-risk pregnancies and physicans who specialize in maternal-fetal health.
Reproductive genetics specialists work with your obstetrician to offer genetic counseling for a variety of indications, including:
- Advanced maternal age (women who will be 35 or older at the expected time of delivery).
- Positive maternal serum screen (blood test during pregnancy showing an increased risk for a neural tube defect/spina bifida or Down syndrome in the fetus).
- Fetal anomalies detected on sonogram.
- Exposure of pregnant women to potential mutagens or teratogens during pregnancy (medications, radiation, chemicals, infectious agents, alcohol, illicit drugs).
- Family or personal history of a known or suspected genetic condition (such as cystic fibrosis, fragile X syndrome, muscular dystrophy, neurofibromatosis, sickle cell anemia, neural tube defect/spina bifida, congenital heart disease, cleft lip/palate).
Fetal Testing includes a wide range of services such as transabdominal and transvaginal ultrasound, utero-placental and fetal placental Doppler for high-risk pregnancies, amniocentesis, Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) and fetal echocardiogram, among others.
The Prenatal Care Services Program offers health insurance to pregnant women in need of obstetrics care who are not covered or only partially covered by health insurance. Through this program, TBHC offers free comprehensive prenatal care from the beginning of pregnancy up until two months after delivery. There are no immigration requirements. There is no age limit and minimal documentation is needed. Our OB/GYN specialists are here to help you. Services include:
- Medical care, delivery, sonograms and laboratory tests.
- Information on staying healthy during pregnancy.
- Medications, vitamins and hospital care for mother and child.
- Dental care, nutrition, Visiting Nurse Services, free pregnancy test.
- HIV and genetic counseling, childbirth classes and social service support.
- Baby's health care for a year after birth.
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program Centers include supplemental nutrition, education and support to women and their children up to age five. BHC operates seven facilities throughout Brooklyn.
- Virtual Prenatal Education: First Trimester (weeks 1-12)
- Virtual Prenatal Education: Second Trimester (weeks 13-27)
- Virtual Prenatal Education: Third Trimester (weeks 28-40)