Rheumatologists in Brooklyn, NY
Or call 1-833-TBHC-NOW (833-824-2669)
The Division of Rheumatology provides treatment for a wide range of rheumatic diseases, ranging from osteoarthritis to more complex illnesses such as systemic lupus erythematosus.
A full range of radiology services are available to help diagnose your condition. In addition to standard modalities, the division uses musculoskeletal ultrasound (high-frequency sound waves) that creates detailed pictures allowing extremely accurate needle placement when performing joint injections.
Some of the newest rheumatology treatments require infusion therapy. The hospital’s Infusion Center has state-of-the-art chairs designed to keep patients comfortable. Offering a truly healing atmosphere, the Center has beautiful views of Fort Greene Park, cable television, reading material, complimentary meals and a waiting area for adults and children.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Raynauld’s phenomenon
- Sjogren’s syndrome
Diagnostic and Treatment Options
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Bone densitometry/DXA, used to diagnose osteoporosis and monitor effects of treatment
- MRI and CT scanning
- Visco-supplementation injections, an effective treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Orthopedic surgery