Welcome from the Chief Academic Officer and DIO
Welcome to the Graduate Medical Education (GME) site at The Brooklyn Hospital Center (TBHC). Under the guidance and supervision of dedicated faculty, our residents and fellows advance in their ethical, professional and personal development while ensuring appropriate care for patients. Our programs are approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), the American Dental Association (ADA) and Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CMPE).
At The Brooklyn Hospital Center, you will experience:
- Expert faculty who are passionate about teaching and committed to providing you with the training and experience necessary to become a skilled clinician.
- Full responsibilities and steadily increasing autonomy for patient care.
- Extensive didactic training within your own specialty.
- The opportunity for interdisciplinary studies.
- Faculty and staff actively working together as an integrated team to achieve the hospital’s mission of Keeping Brooklyn Healthy.
This is a great time to join the TBHC family. Here are some recent exciting highlights:
- Our commitment to quality has been demonstrated by high grades from the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade and other national recognitions.
- Our diversity is a cornerstone of TBHC’s success. From our patients to our faculty to our nurses and to our ancillary staff, TBHC represents the very best of diversity and acceptance.
- The hospital has adapted the Epic electronic medical record at all our outpatient sites. This state-of-the-art EMR system enhances productivity and improves quality of care.
- We have invested in a state-of-the art Simulation Laboratory, which allows hands-on, innovative learning.
- The Hospital’s Health Sciences Library subscribes to the library at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, as well as UpToDate, We also have 1,325 books and each year we acquire about 350 new medical titles. The library also maintains a collection of audio and videotape.
- Each resident has full online access to the Icahn library and every computer in the hospital has access to UpToDate.
- TBHC is on the move with a planned renovation of our Emergency Department facilities and other exciting physical transformations.
- We are committed to resident well-being and we have active resident wellness programs and social opportunities both in individual departments and throughout the hospital.
- Finally, the hospital is located in Fort Greene, bordering Downtown Brooklyn, one of the most culturally and ethnically diverse areas in Brooklyn and one of the fastest developing parts of New York City. Our location allows us to draw from a large patient population with a wide variety of illnesses.
- Our beautiful, historic brownstone neighborhood also provides a dynamic living experience, steps from major public transportation hubs, restaurants, shops, and iconic institutions such as Fort Greene Park, City Point, Barclays Center, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Brooklyn Museum of Art, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, the Brooklyn Promenade, the Brooklyn Bridge Park and Prospect Park. And, Manhattan is a short subway ride away.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions. Contacts are listed in individual programs. We wish you the very best of luck in your post-graduate journey.
Armand P. Asarian, MD, FACS, FASCRS
- Dentistry/Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiology (affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital)
- Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine
GME Faculty List
Incoming House Staff
- Six Core Competencies
- Online Orientation
- CV Template
- Sample Contract
- CIR Agreement
- Clerkship form
- Pre-Employment Requirements (Background check and pre-employment drug screening) Notification Letter
- Mount Sinai Affidavit and Acknowledgment of Policies
- Mount Sinai Affiliate Affidavit
- Icahn School Faculty Manual
- Mount Sinai New Faculty Appointee Data Sheet
- Mount Sinai New Hire Data Sheet
- Mount Sinai Transfer and New Application Protocol